These yummy no-bake bars are quick and easy to make, require just a few ingredients, and are so delicious. If you like traditional no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies, you’ll love these. The hardest part is waiting the two hours that they have to be refrigerated before you slice them!
- 1 cup butter (two sticks)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (and a handful to sprinkle on top)
- First, line your baking dish with wax paper. You can use a 9×9 or 9×13 (depending on how thick you want your bars to be). Be sure to over-hang the edges and spray with cooking spray to ensure that your bars remove easily from dish.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir frequently until all sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla extract and oats. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Be sure to coat all oats well (if not, bars will be crumbly and not hold together well).
- Pour half of the oats mixture into prepared baking dish (the other half will go on top) and use a spatula to press down evenly like a crust.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips. The easiest way to do this is to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour melted peanut butter and chocolate mixture over oats, using a spatula to evenly distribute.
- Then, top with remaining oats mixture and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. You may want to slightly press them into oats and be sure that the mixture is well distributed across the dish.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then slice and enjoy with milk or coffee!
*Recipe adapted from Sugar Apron.