I love making things for people. It makes my heart so happy, I wish I had all the time in the world to just craft my little heart out. After hearing my friend mention seeing these at the store, but not being able to find an “H,” I knew I could make her one!
This is such a quick, fun little project, and all you need are a few simple supplies:
- Block letter (mine was cardboard, $2.99 from Walmart)
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Pen or pencil to trace
- First, lay the letter down and trace it on the map, making sure that you are getting what you want on the backside (for instance, I wanted to make sure that I got both land and sea for a variety of colors). Do this for both the front and back of the letter.
- Next, give one side of the letter a thin, quick brushing of mod podge. This has to be done quickly so that it does not dry before you lay down the map. Make sure you get the edges and corners.
- After “gluing down” the map on both sides, make sure to press on the map or go over it with a credit card to get rid of all the little bumps and bubbles. Wipe the excess Mod Podge from the sides and don’t worry if it looks smeared (it will dry clear).
- Go over the top of the map on both sides with another thin layer of Mod Podge to give your letter a finished look. Give the first side time to dry before you do the second side.
- Lastly, set the letter up so that it can dry completely. I used a glass to prop it up in the middle, allowing both sides to dry.
And…. voila! It’s that easy! How cute is this?