I’ve been meaning to share these recipes, but I keep forgetting and they’re both so simple, neither really “deserves” it’s own blog post. So, here ya go friends!
Best “Fixed Up” Ranch Dressing
- 1 ranch dressing packet (I always use Hidden Valley)
- 1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together and chill. Guaranteed to be as good if not better than your favorite restaurant ranch. So good. Fattening. But so good.
Best Rice Krispy Treats
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted, add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted, remove from heat and stir in cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture.
- Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and lightly press in evenly. You don’t want to pack them down, because that will make them hard, so just lightly smooth them out int he pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
These are probably my husband’s all-time favorite treat and this is the best recipe I’ve ever tasted because of the pillowy goodness that’s made from adding the 2 additional cups of marshmallows at the end. I found this recipe here.