These easy omelet cups are so versatile and perfect for rushed mornings. You can literally fill them with whatever your heart desires! I have been making them on Sunday for Grayson to eat on all week, and he doesn’t get tired of them because it’s so easy to change them up every time. Just pop a few in the microwave and enjoy all week… if they last that long! They’re delicious topped with salsa, too.
- 9 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheese of your choice
- Fillers (ideas: crumbled bacon, sausage, cubed ham, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions…)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray or better yet, use cupcake liners (I hate cleaning muffin tins with every fiber of my being!)
- Brown your sausage or fry bacon, saute peppers and onions, chop mushrooms or tomatoes or spinach if using as a filler
- Crack 9 eggs in a medium sized bowl, scramble well, and add salt and pepper
- Fill muffin tins about halfway full with eggs, then evenly distribute fillers into each cup. Adding your fillers after the eggs have already been poured into each tin helps ensure that your fillers are evenly distributed (nobody wants to have one omelet cup packed full of goodness and another sad and empty!)
- Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool completely, and store in an airtight container for up to a week.