Okay, first of all… I wish I could take credit for this delicious recipe, but it’s not mine. I didn’t even tweak it a little, like I usually do, because nothing Ree Drummond does needs tweaking. She’s pretty much my foodie crush, and I’m almost positive that I’ve seen every single episode of Pioneer Woman, like ever.
These cookies are thin and chewy and buttery and just delicious. The edges have a satisfying lacy texture and you literally can not eat just one!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, then add eggs, one at a time. Be sure to scrape the bowl as you go!
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Add it into the creamed mixture slowly until just combined.
- Stir in the oats until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop (or a regular spoon) to drop dough onto baking sheet, spacing them a couple inches apart. They do spread out when they bake, so keep this in mind when you space them out.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Yum! Serve with ice cold milk or coffee!
To see Ree Drummond’s post about these cookies, click here.