Aren’t these truffles just adorable? I whipped them up a few nights ago and could hardly wait to share the recipe. They are so easy to make and you only need 4 simple ingredients. For a girl on the go like me, you can’t beat that!
- One package of Nutter Butter cookies
- One block of cream cheese
- White chocolate (I use the kind that comes in the microwave ready tray, which is super convenient, but you could also go the old-fashioned route and pull out your double boiler)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- First, put the Nutter Butter cookies in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies, until fine crumbs are formed. Or, if you’re super fancy you could use a food processor.
- Then, in a mixer, combine the Nutter Butter crumbs with the whole block of cream cheese. If your cream cheese is at room temperature, it will be too sticky to form into balls easily, so cold cream cheese works better for this recipe.
- Once it has reached a thick, creamy consistency, begin rolling the Nutter Butter and cream cheese mixture into one inch balls and set aside.
- Melt your chocolate. It’s easiest to do this in 30 second intervals, stirring each time to evenly distribute the heat.
- Next, cover your Nutter Butter balls in the melted white chocolate. I usually use a spoon to lower the ball into the chocolate, which makes it easier to spin it around so that it is completely covered.
- After allowing the white chocolate to dry completely, melt the peanut butter and use a spoon to drizzle it over the truffles.
Viola! Peanut butter goodness that all ages are sure to enjoy!