You guys. My summer bikini body wasn’t ready, but my fall sweater body is on point this year. Ha! But really, who doesn’t love the creamy soups and comfort foods that come with the changing seasons? They make my heart (and belly) so happy.
Today, I made an easy-peasy crock pot soup that was delicious and so filling.
- 1 small bag of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 14oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 10oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 of an 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 bag of steamable chopped broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For toppings: bacon, chopped green onions, shredded cheese
- Combine potatoes, onions, both cans of chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 20 minutes before you are ready to eat your soup, add 3/4 of the 8oz package of cream cheese, stirring occasionally. An entire 8oz package of cream cheese makes the soup too thick.
- Just before serving, microwave your steamable bag of chopped broccoli and then add to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Top with crispy bacon, freshly chopped green onions, and cheese! Yum!