Ok, you guys. I know I’ve said it before butttt this time, it’s for real. I have found the BEST chocolate chip recipe EVER (thanks, Pinterest). I mean it, I’m never making another chocolate chip cookie recipe ever again. This is BY FAR the best recipe I’ve found (and, just ask my husband, I’ve tried literally hundreds in the last 4 or 5 years).
I am so excited to share it with ya’ll, I can hardly stand it. You need to run to your kitchen and whip these up TONIGHT. They’re that good.
What makes these cookies the “best,” you wonder? Well, they aren’t “cakey,” they are full of chocolate chips, just chewy enough, and they are so buttery!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray..
In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
In mixer bowl, beat together the butter and sugars for 2 minutes.
Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in well.
Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, just until incorporated.
- Scoop small balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack (they will become slightly crispy on bottom and chewy in the inside as they cool).
I found this recipe on Pinterest and you can see the original here, a great place for baking inspiration, tips, and ideas!