These are the richest, most decadent bars I’ve ever tasted and they are so fun to make. They are delicious with a glass of ice cold milk or steaming hot coffee, and one batch makes a whole bunch of bite sized squares. I had a cute little cowboy help me whip these up, and that made them even sweeter!
- One bag of chocolate chips
- One 2 cup sized bag of shredded coconut
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup (light or dark is fine)
- 8 oz bag of toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In your mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, oats, coconut and brown sugar and mix on low until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the butter and egg and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Saving about 1 1/2 cups of the dough (for the topping), press the dough into the prepared baking dish (this is easiest if your hands are a little wet).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and Karo syrup, and pour over warm crust. Then, cover evenly in toffee bits.
- As evenly as you can, distribute the remaining dough mixture over the toffee bits.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars and enjoy!
This is not my original recipe. I found this recipe on Facebook and you can see the original post here.