This is my Mama’s recipe so you know it has to be delicious. Becky doesn’t fool around in the kitchen. I’ve made it more times than I can count, and it’s really the definition of an “old faithful.” She always puts this rich, creamy buttercream on her brownies and they’re truly the best thing you’ve ever put in your mouth and such a treat with an ice cold glass of milk!
The first few times you make this, you’ll think it isn’t going to turn out right, but then at the last minute, it comes together and you eventually just get the hang of it. Each time you make it, you’ll become more and more confident in the consistency.
- One bag of powdered sugar
- Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One stick softened butter
- A couple splashes of milk (as needed for consistency)
- In your stand mixer bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Then, with your mixer on its lowest setting, incorporate the softened butter (be careful or powdered sugar will go everywhere!).
- Let it mix for a few minutes and watch the consistency.
- Add a splash or two of milk (but not too much, or it will be soupy).
- Frost anything you’d like – brownies, cake, cupcakes, etc. YUM!