These five ingredient energy bites are so easy to throw together and the perfect snack for when you’re trying to hold off til the next meal but just need a little pick-me-up!
- 1 cup oats (either old fashioned or steel cut quick oats is fine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll into balls (about 1 inch in diameter) and place on lined baking sheet (makes about 30).
- Pop the baking sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow the balls to firm up and hold their shape.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks (but they probably won’t last that long because they’re delish!).
This recipe is not my own. See original recipe by I Heart Naptime here.