My husband’s favorite dessert of all time is peanut butter pie, so it was only fitting that I find a recipe early on in our marriage that he loves so I can make it for him through the years. I hope I’m making this same pie for him when we’re in our 80’s, partly because I think he’s the dreamiest, and partly because this pie is just that good.
- 1 graham cracker crust (you could make your own, but I didn’t)
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (creamy) peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping
- Chopped Reese’s cups (I used about 6) for topping
- First, make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature. This is very important to avoid lumps.
- Next, using your mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla to the mixer until all 4 ingredients are well blended.
- Then, remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the whipped topping, being careful not to deflate it too much, but still making sure it is well incorporated into the mixture.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, transfer the fluffy mixture into the pie crust and top with chopped Reese’s cups.
- Freeze for one hour, then refrigerate until just before serving.