I wish I could take credit for this delicious recipe, but I can’t. A friend of mine at work brought this into the office the other day and it was so amazing that I could hardly wait to make it myself. It’s super easy, inexpensive to make, and you can alter the recipe to include all your favorite fruits!
I chose strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, but whatever is in season at the time would be fine. The possibilities are endless!
- Sugar cookie dough (make your own or take the easy route and buy the prepackaged kind like I did)
- Powdered sugar
- 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- Whatever fruit you’d like to use as topping
- First, preheat your oven to whatever the directions say on the back of your sugar cookie package. You are going to follow the baking instructions on the package.
- I sprayed my pan with cooking spray so the cookie sticking was not an issue, but next time I will use parchment paper instead of spray just so that is is easier to transfer onto the serving platter.
- Place the dough on the pan and use your hands to flatten it into a flat, round shape that resembles a large cookie (or pizza dough!).
- Follow instructions for cooking time on the package, and remove when it is a golden brown.
- Let the cookie cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla to taste. There are really no specific amounts, just add more powdered sugar and vanilla until you reach a taste you like.
- After you transfer to a platter or whatever you’re going to use to serve it on, spread the mixture of cream cheese/powdered sugar/vanilla in a thin layer on top.
- Scatter your fruit on top and serve chilled.