Okay, first of all… does this picture not look like it came straight out of a magazine?! These little key lime cookie cups are just as delicious as they are beautiful. My cousin, Heather, made these for my baby shower last weekend, and they were one of my favorite things (out of a whole shmorgazboard of other delicious finger foods).
There’s something about key lime this time of year that just feels so fresh and light, but add in sugar cookies and fresh fruit… and you really can’t go wrong. I can’t wait to make this recipe myself when things calm down a bit (hello… I’m having a baby next week!).
- 1 package (16 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 5.3 oz. Key Lime Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons key lime juice (may subsitute regular lime)
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Fresh berries for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Cut cookie dough into 12 even slices and press into the bottom and about 2/3 up the sides of prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are barely golden. Let cool 5 minutes then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon key lime juice until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Stir in key lime zest. Taste and add additional tablespoon lime juice if desired.
- When cookie cups are cool, evenly spoon cheesecake filling into cups and refrigerate 1-2 hours to set. If you don’t want to wait, they are still delicious right away, the filling will just be softer.
- Garnish with berries.
*Heather found this recipe here and adapted it. You can see in the photo that the top two tiers hold key lime cookie cups made with sugar cookie dough while the bottom layer is made with pastry puffs. Heather found that the sugar cookies crumble easily, which is why some are made with the pastry puffs. Both ways, it’s delicious, but I did prefer the taste of the ones made with sugar cookies better.