Is kale delicious for breakfast? Kale yeah, it is.
Okay, thanks for letting me get my cheesy joke out of the way.
This recipe is one that my Momma started making a while back and it quickly became one of my favorites. Its so savory and different. I made it for the first time today and was so pleased with how it turned out. You only need three ingredients for this yummy breakfast (and you can get all of them at Aldi, which is a huge plus).
- One roll of lean sausage
- Kale, chopped and washed (about half a bag)
- Eggs (as many as you’d like)
- 1/2-1 cup water
- First, brown your sausage, then remove from pan and set aside
- Next, wash and chop kale, and pat dry
- Put kale in the pan that you used to brown your sausage (this gives it a great flavor) and add 1/2 cup to 1 cup water
- Cover kale and let cook for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Drain any excess water from kale (but most of it should be gone after cooking for 5 minutes)
- Add sausage to kale
- Crack eggs on top of kale and sausage, replace lid and poach eggs. You want the yellow part to be a bit runny, so be careful not to overcook.
- Serve immediately (I love this dish paired with fresh fruit)